This easy creamed corn recipe makes one cozy and delicious side dish! It’s really simple to make this traditional side dish from scratch.
What is creamed corn?
Creamed corn is very popular in the Midwestern and Southern parts of the United States. It is a side dish made by combining corn kernels with either milk or cream . This side dish is very creamy and delicious.
How to make creamed corn
In a large pot, make a roux with the butter and flour;
Whisk in the half-and-half and seasonings until smooth;
Add in the corn, milk and heavy cream let it come to a boil;
Cook until the sauce has reduced and the corn is nice and plump (about 15-20 minutes);
Season generously with salt & pepper.
This simple to make creamed corn recipe can be made with fresh, frozen or even canned corn! Make this side dish for the holidays, a summer BBQ, or as a side dish to your weekday family meal.
MORE CORN RECIPES READERS LOVE!
chicken broccoli casserole – Classic casserole recipe!
asian chicken salad – Family favorite recipe!
Chicken Piccata – the classically delicious version
roasted broccoli recipes – Easy to make!
Chicken Nachos – Easy favorite!
shrimp linguine – fresh, easy & delicious
ham fried rice – Easy to make!
easy creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk whole milk works best
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups corn kernels frozen thawed or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in the pan. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Gradually stir in the milk and cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the corn, salt, pepper and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 15 -18 minute until mixture is thickened.
- Top with parsley, then serve.